[at-l] hike prep

hiker 317 hiker317 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:55:23 CST 2009

One way to appreciate a long hike on the AT is have the pleasure of finding
out that you have qualities and inner resources available that you weren't
aware of. Situations and challenges may may sidle up to you like a lightning
bolt from a clear sky, requiring you to think/decide/act very quickly, or
the obstacle/opportunity may be more subtle, like a shy dog at a bar-b-que.
Either way, eat your blueberries and spinach, and enjoy the novelty of
meeting the inner you that's been waiting for a chance to shine. Just don't
expect any sunspots, because there probably won't be any next year either.