[at-l] hike prep

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 13:57:41 CST 2009

My take on cell phones. They can be useful. They aren't necessary. If you
aren't an ounce weenie and are sufficiently in control of yourself to not
use it as a crutch, turn it off and take it. If you will resent the extra
weight in your pack and/or are so tied to 'being connected' that you can't
resist using it then leave it at home. For me they are in the same category
as emergency supplies (stuff to stop bleeding, etc.). It's there if I need
it (as opposed to simply wanting it) but the rest of the time I forget about
it.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert about anything except me so that advice may be
worthless to you.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/
http://www.photoshelter.com/c/jim_bullard