[at-l] tuckerize help needed asap

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:03:44 CST 2009

my basic gear is 16.5 lbs, including backpack
i added 11 lbs of food for 8-9 days
= 27 lbs without water

So added all the rest of the stuff except my camera and small book and
the weight went up to 37lbs :(

I don't get it: how much does 3 liters of water weigh any way?

3L of water = 3kg
1L = 1kg = 2.2 lb. (us) x 3 = 6.6 lbs !!!!

Tell me: is 31 lbs about right right, sans water? for 8 days winter
hiking AT sobo in the GSMNP davenport to fontana?

Is 11 lbs of food too much?
How do you cut down the weight of your food when you need it?
  8  pro pacs for dinners
20 instant oatmeals for breakfasts

hmmm I don't want to give up the little individual packets of Thai Tea
and Coffee for breakfasts and lunches, but they may be the cuplrit.

some cliff bars and power bars for snacks/lunch
4 bags of nuts @ 10 oz each
half a dozen salmon or tuna packets and **one spam packet** for lunch

I can't pare down the the food much more than this