[at-l] hike prep

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:57:06 CST 2009

From: Jim Bullard <jim.bullard at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [at-l] hike prep

 It is called HYOH.

Jim Bullard
--------------------------------

So War Eagle owns the phrase now. I thought the ATCorp had it trademarked.

I carry a phone. I do it because I want to. Maybe I don't really want to, 'cause maybe I don't even know what HYOH means. Because, after all, them with more miles know more, and I've only got around 7,000.

Gee, Jim (O), you don't have to be so didactic on EVERYTHING! Leave the rabbit in the cage now and then.

My take is a lot of it depends on age and lifestyle. I'm only (almost) 50. I'm also a bit of a geek. It would be out of character for me to not carry a couple of toys.

And y'all can tuckerize my pack any old time. I actually carry (gasp) TWO spare pair of socks. I probably have about two pounds that aren't really required. But I can live with that.

Full Winter pack for me and the dog for four days weighs 32 pounds. That would be like six days without the dog, but she enjoys it out there as much as I do.

It's not a contest. If a turned-off phone in my pack and a GPS in the lid of my pack (I always track my hikes. Sometimes I even make maps.) ruins someone elses hike, then they have problems I can't help with.

Welcome back to the list, Mr O. I haven't had a good argument--without having to get mad first--in a while. Maybe you'll help keep ol' stroke-boy here on his toes. :-)

FrankenFullerCrap