[at-l] hike prep

hiker 317 hiker317 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:08:42 CST 2009

I wonder if a bamboo hiking staff could be turned into a dual-use item since
the segments are compartmentalized: drill a hole, fill with olive-oil,
fish-oil, cognac (not mixed together!), fashion a vibration-proof plug/cap
or pump-action dispenser for the hole, and get a good upper-body workout
sloshing along...I guess that the bamboo fibers would tend to absorb
liquids, so the insides would have to be coated with a food-safe barrier of
some sort...something tells me that someone in S. America may have already
worked out the logistics of this....