[at-l] hike prep

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Fri Dec 11 11:25:21 CST 2009

Michael Henderson wrote:
> There was something about the sound of an aluminum pole meeting a bamboo shaft, echoing off through the woods...  Also, you may have been empathizing with Stoat's disdain for my meager footwear...  There were a lot of things about that hike that warranted a quick duel seemingly without provocation...

You and I did have some of the most unorthodox hiking staffs on the
trail, didn't we?? That sound you speak of...it was nearly Pavlovian,
wasn't it, the reaction it garnered. Like a beef roast hitting the floor
in the middle of a cage of hungry Pit Bulls. The way your ankle popped
like oak kindling leads me to wonder if perhaps Stoat was correct in his
despisal of your sneaks....

en guard....