[at-l] 11....

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Fri Dec 18 23:12:17 CST 2009

Eleven years ago today (well, yesterday now that it's past the that time)

12/18/98    I left the hostel (Uncle Johnnie's) at about noon and
headed up to No Business Knob. It would be the last time I'd see Groovin'
Moose on the hike. He ended up staying in Erwin another night. Next time
I saw him
was at the Providence Airport in June of '99. I was pretty much alone
from this
point on. That was alright, as it meant I didn't have to spend so much
time explaining what I said.

It snowed pretty hard the last 4 or 5 miles. It was well passed dark and
very windy and cold. I
stayed at Bald Mt. Shelter that night. That is where I met Hooper and
Toto. I had a blast
with those guys that night. Even though I never saw either of them (they
were in tents 'upstairs'.)
I was once again suprised to be crossing paths with northbounders. It
got very cold and snowy
that night. I think the snow seemed worse than it was, though, because
of the wind.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98