[at-l] The prudent thing to do......

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 19:26:15 CST 2009

You sound like a lot of retired folks Frank, or at least like me. I'm not
real social (aside from the web) and spend most of my time at home or in the
woods by myself. And don't take what Hannity, Beck and company say too
seriously. They don't appreciate how fortunate they are so they can't
comprehend what it is like to not be that fortunate. The Becks and Hannity's
of the world all think because they've made it as well as they have in life,
anyone can. They can't wrap their heads around the fact that they owe a lot
of their success to others and a certain amount of luck. Consequently they
also can't feel any compassion for those less fortunate. My daughter has a
saying (not sure where she got it) "If you can't be thankful for what you
have, at least be thankful for what you've avoided". They'd be well advised
to adopt that philosophy.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/
http://www.photoshelter.com/c/jim_bullard