[at-l] No regrets

trailr at aol.com trailr at aol.com
Sun Dec 20 13:03:59 CST 2009

Hmmmm... Always bail when you go out unprepared. Keeps you alive for another hike.

Wench and I hiked up to the groundhog Creek shelter from Standing bear hostel, with a forcast of flurries in 03. Got snowed in with 16 inches for a day, then hiked on, slogging through drifts and howling winds. It was one of the highlights of my thru hike. (All the falling branches and trees missed everyone).

When we got to Hot Springs finally, it was 80 and sunny. Go figure... Gotta be prepared for anything, I guess...

Hotdog AT 03