[at-l] No regrets

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 07:40:56 CST 2009

<<Sometimes bailing is the best course of action. A couple excerpts >>

Jim, I seem to remember a "little" bailout in Montana...  sleet, freezing
rain, snow, hail... and we decided that since it was a vacation there was no
need to deal with it.
No regrets either, especially of what we could see of the mountains through
the crap still hanging over them the next morning.

Something I learned in my peak-bagging days; turning back is never the wrong
decision - the peaks will always be there. In fact, there are two books I've
read over the last few years,
one about "accidents" (I think "incidents" may be the better term) in the
Whites, and one about the Adirondacks. In almost every case the first bad
decision was to continue. What's worse
is that most of the second guessing is over what other decisions the corpse
got wrong.

skeeter