[at-l] Fwd: Blisters

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 07:45:41 CST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cody Girl <codycodygirl at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:45 AM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Blisters
To: Carla & Dave Hicks <carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net>

Pre wrap the blister prone areas in athletic tape, the cloth kind, not the
plastic kind.  That helps me until my feet toughen up.  My feet are wide in
the toe, and my Merrell Moabs are definitely the BEST fitting hiking shoes
ever.  Just yesterday I tried on a pair of Merrel trail runners at REI, I
think they were called Sirens.  No good, too tight in the toes.  The point
is, even though they're both Merrell, the Moab fits me great but the Siren
does not, so even by brand I can't count on a good fit.  Also, I take out
the Merrell insoles and use Birkenstock ones, works for my arches, pts my
feet in the right place, etc.

The athletic tape helps me a lot
Cody