[at-l] Blisters

Cutter cutter78 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:27:44 CST 2009

Bill:
I've seen a lot of good suggestions posted already, but I'd like to
elaborate on something Chainsaw said: Shop at a store that employs certified
pedorthists.

It takes education and experience to understand proper fitting and most of
use don't have the time to get that. You usually have to pay full price for
shoes at such a store, but in my experience it's worth it.

I say that with no professional connection with anyone in the footwear
industry and I'm not reimbursed in any way to say that. I just say it
because when I started buying my hiking shoes this way I cured a lot of my
foot, ankle and knee problems.

This is not a guarantee to eliminate blisters, however. I still get them
after several days on the trail. But that's much more manageable than
getting them after a few hours.

Cutter
http://twitter.com/cutter

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 5:10 AM, WILLIAM D VINCENT
<vincentw at bellsouth.net>wrote:

> I cut several of my hikes short this year because of blisters.  <snip>
> Any suggestions?

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Carla & Dave Hicks <