[at-l] Foothills trail

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 21:44:04 CST 2009

There are two good cache spots. One at the beginning and one at the end of the Jocassee Gorges sections.

In the next few days, I'll be picking up some stashed food that's already there and I'll get you GPS coordinates and good visual descriptions. Both are barely-buried .50 cal ammo boxes that are easy to find and unbury. One is at the parking lot at Laurel Valley, and one is 100 feet down a side trail from the NFS parking at Whitewater Falls. You'll be able to put plenty of food in, because I can put 3 days in for me and the dog really easily. If you'd like, I'll also add a 7.62 box at each stash point and you won't even have to worry about packing stuff tight.

Ammo boxes are great. They're water proof and extremely bear resistant. They can stay underground for a LONG time before they get even a spot of rust on them, and they're pretty cheap.

And as to your first question: yeah, I've hiked it a time or two. Maybe even more than anybody else, but I'm not willing to put money on that one. I know that I'm probably pushing 100 times through the Jocassee Gorges section, no $hit.

NotBoredEasilyWalker-----Original Message-----