[at-l] Much

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sun Dec 27 19:24:54 CST 2009

Much didn't happen to me 11 years ago today. I got up and hiked the 10
miles, or so, to Fontana Dam. Pittsburgh was going to try to be there to
pick me up so we could watch some football together. He wasn't in the
parking lot at the dam. He wasn't in the parking lot near the dam. He
wasn't in the parking lot near the shelter. He wasn't in the parking lot
near the highway. He wasn't at the highway. So, I hitched a ride to the
motel with a guy who was stoned. That time of morning on a Sunday and
the guy was stoned. The ride would have been scary enough without the
added element of drugs in his veins. I made it, though. I checked into
my room, wanting to watch football and take showers. The black and white
Philco wouldn't pick up a station that carried a football game. In fact,
I'm not entirely sure it picked up ANY station.  So, I took showers.
Lots of showers. Showers became my hobby. I loved showers.
I got in touch with Kahley and found out Pittsburgh had had transmission
trouble in his van and was unable to make it. That evening the woman who
runs the motel took me to town...I think Robbinsville. We went to the
grocery store and to Kentucky Fried Chicken back when that was still the
name of the place.  I remember eating a 'Three piece dinner' in my
room....and, needing to take a shower. And, I did.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98