[at-l] Spot On

TrailR at aol.com TrailR at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 06:54:19 CST 2009

So don't get one.
Everything you want can be done with a cell phone, so bring one...
Or better yet, a sat phone. You seem to need much more help than most
people.

This "gadget" seems to be geared more for the people at home.
1) It makes them "feel" better.
2) They can follow your trip (notice that my bosses used it for
    a bike trip to Holland, not backpacking).
    They used it purely for the benefit of their customers  (who sure enjoyed
it.)
3) It's a gadget. Use it, or don't. But don't "depend" on it.
    911 only works if you can get it out & push it
    Sending emails to preset friends only works if YOU set  it up & explain
it right before your trip..
    The I'm OK feature just reassures people that you  are not dead, but is
it always
    correct? Since it is automatic...

Hotdog