[at-l] Twelve Tribes/Back Home Again Hostel/Cafe - downtown Rutland, VT

GARY HEBERT hikerfedex at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 19:14:47 CST 2009

I think the hostel is still operating.  I'm just back from there on a
snowmobile trip. Drove by Thurs 2/05 and the coffee shop/cafe they run
appeared open. Didn't stop but pointed it out to my friend.
Maybe give them a call to confirm?

Check the actual hostel website below ....I think the twelve tribes is just
the religious part of them.

 Back Home Again Café, (802) 775-9800 or (802) 773-0160, <
www.twelvetribes.com>

http://www.backhomeagaincafe.com/bhac1-hostel.html

Online AT thru hikers companion guide (08)
http://www.aldha.org/companyn/ma-vt08.pdf

For me, The Inn at Long Trail is well worth $$$ though not as cheap as back
home hostel. If not prior, maybe after yer trek as a reward? I highly
recommend it. Or just McGrath's Pub to celebrate with a pint and some
Guiness Stew or Shepard's Pie. ["Best pint of Guinness on the trail"]

A great section. Dunno if yer going north or south on the AT.
The LT just north of where the AT turns east is also pretty rugged there.

Checkout my Sept trek thru there on the LT Sept 08 or AT ~May 07 if you
want.
www.trailjournals.com/fedex  click link on left side to switch to my LT
journal

FYI - Snowmobile trails in the area have about 2 feet of snow in the
mountains/woods.

Happy Trails

FedEx