[at-l] BSH part 10 of 10

Charles W. Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 16:14:22 CST 2009

There is a walk on the C&O canal thats much easier than 72 miles on the AT. Its called the one day hike and It happens in April, limited to about 375 people. 100K and i think there is a generous 21 hour time limit ;-)`  66 miles  Just in case anyone wants to do it. I have a good excuse for not entering. I plan to be on the PCT.

chase

<SNIP>
(On whether a 72-mile dayhike on the AT is credible.)
A 72 Mile Hike on the AT
Some members of the AT-L list found the claim of a 72-mile day hike on the AT to
be beyond belief. Some allowed that perhaps there had been a very long hike and
that the distance was inflated over the years,