[at-l] at-l Digest, Vol 18, Issue 56

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 13:27:44 CST 2009

Easily done? 72 miles in 19 hours is 3.789 mph non-stop, no breaks,
eat/drink as you walk. Take any breaks and you have to walk faster. I know
there are GA>ME thru-hikers who have done all of Maryland in a day (41
miles) but will concede that it wasn't easy and these are people who have
been walking all the way from Georgia and are probably in the best shape of
their lives at that point. Could someone do 72 miles ins a day? I expect it
is possible if that person was in excellent physical condition, the terrain
was not too challenging and they had good weather for it. I doubt that at
the end of the day they would describe it as "easy" though.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/