[at-l] My latest find

EHamilton imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 19:56:08 CST 2009

Whew! I was out "hiking" today (the flatland urban thing I call hiking, including zigzagging up and down the levees to simulate hills, remember we're in New Orleans now) and I found..... a Tyvek jumpsuit. Just lying there on the grass. On my return trip. It hadn't been there on my out trip.

So of course I snagged it. It has a logo of some company or other on the pocket (or where the pocket would be) and I'm sure the person can easily be issued another one. Some cleaning company.

It's made for someone who's waaayyyy bigger than me. I'd guess at least a 6-footer over 200 pounds. But I'm sure I can find something to do with it.

It's very soft and nice. Does anyone know how Tyvek does as a vapor barrier inside a sleeping bag? Or I could cut it down, including shortening the zipper, and have a weightless wind/rain shell. I could cut the legs into segments for stuff sacks. Or shorten them, take in the seams, add an elastic waist and have pants. The possibilities are endless.

I found it near the same spot where the other day I found a $10 bill. I did not attempt to find out who lost that, either. If it had been a $100 bill, yes. Maybe even a $50. But $10.... I grabbed it. If you really want to know, I put it in the collection plate in church this morning.

Today I also found a dollar bill. I think I like hiking in New Orleans :-)

MacGyver