[at-l] PA Ruck update

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Thu Jan 22 08:03:03 CST 2009

Marsha Lee wrote:

> *Friday night:*
>
> Sauces for pasta:  meat /and/ marinara

I'll bring 2 Ragus (It's in there!!) or similar

> Breads (already baked unless you are arriving earlier in the day)

I'll bring one loaf of that foil wrapped, pre-buttered French or Italian
bread.

> butter/oleo

'Oleo'????  Who the hell says 'oleo' anymore!?!  I won't bring oleo.

> ***Saturday soup Benefit:*
> We only have 3 soups and 1 chili so far, we NEED MORE
> folks are starving after the 3 hour hike!

I'll bring about a gallon of chili...VERY light on the onions (if at
all)...heavy on the tomato-flavor. It's good stuff....especially with
crackers, peanut butter and cheese...

> *
> *
>
> Firewood for the community campfire ring which will be right outside
> of the hostel this year--if you have any, please bring it, or drop it
> off ahead of time if you're local--thank you!
Does this mean that there won't be one of those "Gary Roberts Inferno"
fires?   Will there be no smelting this year?