[at-l] packing tasty meals for first nite outta town

GARY HEBERT hikerfedex at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:44:06 CST 2009

Yes. Mmmmmm..
 As an UL hiker I count ounces. But I count so I can add ounces for fun
food, toys, cameras, things that make me happy.

One of the must stop spots in VT is the Inn at Long Trail, near Rutland. A
little pricy for many poor hikers, but well worth it. Great Irish pub food &
ale! I stopped there on my AT prep hike and my thru.

Thru hiked the LT this past September & stayed again. Coming outta town from
the Inn, I packed up a tupperware container of Guinness Stew & bread, and
PBJ & toast/english muffins for breakfast. THAT was an awesome meal my first
nite back on the trail!

Grinders, etc are also easy to pack outta town and Sooooo tasty on the
trail.

FedEx