[at-l] Flying Food....

At Rerunner atrerunner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 20:16:38 CST 2009

Through the sometimes thin veil of time, and slight distance, i can
barely make out the amazement of our Cro-Magnon forebearers, as they
listen to us discuss the wonders of taking a 2100 mile stroll with the
possibility of *flying* (or rolling-on-giant-wheels) our food out to
meet us, and, even if we don't personally start our grub on it's path
through the air/on the interstate, it *still* gets to where we're
going to be by the same methods....I wonder when was the last time
that a group of humans made a really long walk, foraging/hunting along
the way? The Trail of Tears,perhaps? Then again, the mortality rate
from starvation/trampling-from-mammoths is very low on the AT, so our
very distant cousins would marvel at that also.

fenu