[at-l] Have to Trail Towns

Carla & Dave Hicks daveh at psknet.com
Tue Jan 27 11:12:53 CST 2009

OTOH -- IMHO there may be gotta "Stop" towns -- but few, if any "Stay" towns.

Albeit as I have gotten older I tend to do more "staying", before turning 60 I
seldom "stayed."  I'd camp as close to the next town as I could, reasonably.
Break camp early and hit the trail w/o preparing a meal.  A handful of
something dried.  A little water.  Some coffee grounds tucked behind the lip,
like snuff*.  And off.  Hit town as early as I could.  Have a BIG breakfast.
Do what needed to be done in town.  Have a good size lunch.  Hit the trail.

If you avoid dinners/suppers, partying, and motels, your town cost are far
less.

Chainsaw

* Later I learned for Chase how to make pouches from those coffee bags.  Neat
idea.