[at-l] Whisperlite fuel

Ryan Crawford m2b1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 13:26:45 CST 2009

I have an old Whisperlite I never used when I thru-hiked back in '97.
Haven't used it since either.  Talk about a waste of money.  Well...thanks
to spending more money I'm looking at using it now.  Kinda out of force.  I
don't think too many springs are running this time of the year here in New
England.  I pulled out the stove a little bit ago to test it and see if it
would even still light.  Amazingly, I didn't have to pull out the manual to
figure out how to light it, I still remember that much at least, LOL!

After seeing it would still work.  I decided to check out how much fuel was
in the bottle.  It was about halfways full.  I figure I better add some fuel
to play it safe.  I have gasoline readily available but nothing else on hand
so I figure I'll use what I have.  I don't know what kind of fuel is in it
right now.  Is it safe to add gasoline into it or not?

I figure some of you on here probably have some experience in this realm of
things.

MEANT 2B
GAME '97