[at-l] Whisperlite fuel

Ryan Crawford m2b1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 17:07:09 CST 2009

Ozark Trail Artic Mummy Bag(non-supercenter only, not available at supercenters).  It's a zero degree bag and I have just learnt how to use it and clothing I would pretty much take with me for around the camp to keep warm.  Yes, I'm not stupid enough to sleep in a tent.  I first tried on the ground with it at 10 degree and lasted two hours.  The next time I tried it outside I was in my hammock at 20 degrees, then 10 degrees, then zero and last all night long.  I've kept on spending pratically every night outdoors that their isn't snow in the forecast, no matter how cold it is testing out to find out how low I can take the equipment and finding out different concepts of using the equipment for safety.  I have made quite a few posting in the past several days on hammockforums.net.  Just look for my trailname.  I pretty much fully detail what I've been doing.  I'm not wearing much underneath, long johns a vapor barrier layer and than a sweatsuit on top.  I do put a cut up sleeping bag between me and the sleeping bag from the shoulders down to my knees.

I'm beginning to believe it isn't so much about the bag but about how you use it.

MEANT 2B