[at-l] Hamstring Help

Steve Landis s.landis at comcast.net
Sun Jul 12 16:38:04 CDT 2009

I damaged my left hamstring today while trying to dismount my bike with
my left foot still clipped in to the pedal. Don't ask.  I had to swing
my right leg over the seat and land my foot on the ground without the
ability of rotating my left foot as it was still clipped on the pedal
and parallel to the bike frame.  I felt the pull and the pain but did
not hear anything pop.  My plan is to RICE it for 24 hrs and then MICE it.
I need to rehab it rather quickly since I'm doing a circumnavigation of
Manhattan Island by kayak on 7/25.  Any advice particularly from the
running community subset here would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Steve