[at-l] NeoAir, was: Re: Must be getting old...

Amy Forinash amy at forinash.net
Mon Jul 13 15:51:44 CDT 2009

FWIW, my experience with the NeoAir is that when it's chilly out you
really do want some additional padding at your points of greatest
weight concentration.   My hips especially get a little too close to
the floor, and the air just isn't warm enough.  I carry a thin foam
sitpad in my pack's back pocket and that worked just fine slipped
between the NeoAir and the floor.

Btw I wrote to Thermarest and asked them to start making short but
wide pads, and they said they used to offer one but nobody bought it
so they took it off the market.  As a side sleeper of no great height,
I'd really love a 25"x48" pad but no luck (unless you want to carry a
roll of foam).