[at-l] Hammock, was: Re: NeoAir, was: Re: Must be getting old...

Ryan Crawford m2b1 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 13 20:33:59 CDT 2009

The one I use at home is simple a piece of cotton cloth.  Nothing fancy and it has never been sewn up.  The one I was using outdoors this past winter was simply a piece of ripstop nylon, again, as of yet not sewn up, but if I can get a sewing machine that will work reliably I will sew it up.  I got myself a used sewing machine from freecycle late in the winter and it seemed to work, just not consistently enough to try sewing up the long sides of the hammock.

Save the money and do it yourself why pay someone to make it for you.

Check out the different hammock forums.  One of them...I think it is www.hammockforum.com or very close to that same website had someone that put up some nice intro to sewing videos on youtube over the winter that were directed toward making your own gear.

MEANT 2B