[at-l] NeoAir, was: Re: Must be getting old...

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 09:28:49 CDT 2009

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, Mara Factor <mfactor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I can´t get comfortable in a hammock.  I keep trying, but
> five minutes, much less all night, is too much time for me
> in a hammock.  And I´ve tried all sorts of hammocks from
> indigenous woven ones from Central America and Asia to modern technical
> backcountry hammocks by Hennessy and Speer.

### Ditto, and much to my disappointment, as I really wanted to love a hammock. But no way. Which in itself is a bit weird, as I can "sleep anywhere" on hard or lumpy surfaces otherwise -- I think maybe doing the AT at a young(er) age might've done that -- I had to sleep on the floor when I stopped in upon hitting Kent. Dunno. But to this day, I can snooze anywhere but in a hammock. Hmmmph.

E-zzztoe
(And so, my Mt. Washington pad has clocked about 1000 miles now, including some sneaux.)