[at-l] What?

grey.owl at comcast.net grey.owl at comcast.net
Mon Jul 27 15:43:32 CDT 2009

Arrived home today from Maine.  I spent a small fortune at L.L. Bean
while my wife did her best to buy all of the Yarn in Maine.

Without adequate footwear to tackle any long hikes in VT, I took a
number of short hikes in the Green Mountains.  These proved to be
wonderful and some were along short sections of the Long Trail.  We
had plenty of rain, but the last full day was beautiful and the trails
were fairly dry.  So we went sailing on lake Chaplain.

Did not stop at the Long Trail Brewery in VT, we drove past it at
8:30.  Good thinking that we left early as we got 'lost' a couple of
times in NH.  One road that Mapquest found for us apparently does
not exist and another was twenty miles of dirt road which was great
until we ended up at a road closed sign.

It rained the first full day in Maine, so we headed south to L.L. Bean
were I got the most comfortable pair of hiking boots.  Also  got some
rain gear.  The rest of our time in Maine was hiking inside of Acaidia
and Sea Kyaking.

Left Maine yesterday after hiking around Jordan's Creek and arrived
around lunch time today.  A great 11 days hiking, tomorrow I go back
to work.

Cheers,

Grey Owl