[at-l] Hikers at Crawford Notch

Arthur Gaudet rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 28 14:43:44 CDT 2009

Here are the hikers sighted at Crawford Notch between Sunday morning and Tuesday
morning. Dutch (from 2004) was already setup with trailmagic when I arrived so
we joined forces for the rest of the day. All of the hikers looked pretty good,
some with smiles on their faces even though they had been bloodied by their
descent from Mt Webster (traveling southbound)...

RockDancer

Northbound hikers in order of appearance:
Happy
First Date (I believe he said his starting date was April 28!)
Smiley
(The Ancient) Ruin - about 60 years old, from Scotland. What an accent!
Snorkle
Kuru with Jeff, his Dad
Buckeye
Hoosier Ben

Southbound hikers:
Rabbit
Tiger
Trudger - he's from Elijay, GA and worked for the outfitter there. This is the
outfitter that is closest, mileage-wise, to Springer Mtn. He's a great kid, done
lots of trail magic at Springer, although in a quiet way. I met his boss on
Springer Mtn this year when I was there on June 2.
Cornbread - he flipped from Hanover NH so he's on his last 100 miles of his
thruhike. Long story why he flipped so early...

Hiker Sunbeam, from 2008, dropped by for a visit.