[at-l] Seeking section hike advice: Mt. Rogers area

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 00:45:39 CDT 2009

>Sloe Toe wrote:
> And Ken's thought about deferring the Wautuga tunnel until October-April,
> and going south from HQ or even Troutdale, and lacing through the area on
> non-AT routes -- this is great advice, IMO.

Mt. Rogers HQ is a very popular start/finish point in that area.

Honestly, I can not think of a much better place to hike in October
(or anytime else) than SW Virginia. The many different types of
terrain and views make it one of the coolest areas below the
Mason-Dixon line to just disappear for a while.

Franken Looper (who never seems to be slow to offer his opinion)