[at-l] Gutsy and Odometer

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 13:10:18 CDT 2009

Gutsy and I are in the Waynesboro, VA library right now.? This is the hiker friendliest town!? We were offered a ride to town from Rockfish Gap in about 30 seconds, and?were offered rides 3 times while walking around?town.? We went first to Subway, then Rockfish Gap Outfitters, then the Y for a shower, and are now at the library.? Next stop is not certain but probably a hotel room.? We have a ride lined up tomorrow back to my vehicle in Daleville.

We are headed home tomorrow after 1 week on the trail for me (from Daleville, VA), and 2 weeks for Gutsy (from Pearisburg).? She intended to continue 2 more weeks to Harper's Ferry, but we just received word that our new granddaughter from Alaska will be coming for a visit next week.? Mirabel was born on April 13, and we haven't met her yet, so we are excited about that.??Though Gutsy is disappointed about leaving the trail, she loves her granddaughters more.

We walked in the rain for 2 days, but temperatures were no lower than 55 degrees so it was not bad at all.

Odometer