[at-l] Hmmmm....

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Tue Jun 23 07:07:54 CDT 2009

COLUMBIA, S.C. – A dayslong absence by South Carolina's governor left
fellow state leaders scratching their heads.

The lieutenant governor couldn't figure out where Gov. Mark Sanford was.
Calls from a state senator and close friend rolled to voice mail. Even
his wife said she hadn't talked to him for several days.

The explanation came Monday night from his spokesman: The second-term
chief executive was hiking along the Appalachian Trail "to kind of clear
his head after the legislative session."

That session included his losing fight to reject $700 million in federal
stimulus cash that Sanford eventually accepted under duress and a court
order....

the rest of the story is at:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090623/ap_on_re_us/us_sc_governor_where

(man...it sure is sad that 'we' have to be tethered the way 'we'
are....isn't it?)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98