[at-l] Hmmmm....

Amy Forinash amy at forinash.net
Tue Jun 23 08:07:21 CDT 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 8:54 AM, Jim Bullard wrote:

> I guess the line in your first post " Even his wife said she hadn't
> talked to him for several days" must have been the tip off. maybe
> she was just covering for him to keep people from bugging him. If so
> it was a bad job of it. She could have said 'He's gone for a walk to
> be alone and think. He'll be back tomorrow.' and refused to say
> where he'd gone.

She may well have said that.  But if at some point in her conversation
with the reporter she said she'd last talked to him on, say, Friday
before he left for the trail, the reporter doesn't have to mention the
rest of the conversation.  Just the bits that make his point.

I hope I never have a life where people demand that I be reachable at
every second of the day.