[at-l] Need Good Animal Reference

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 22:42:07 CDT 2009

Just a guess but perhaps desert pigs might get you close.

Skylander

In a message dated 2009-06-23 22:37:29 Eastern Daylight Time,
spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com writes:

At  some point in the past, somebody here (I think it was here) mentioned a
good  website to look up plants and animals.  I've used it in the past,
but can't recall it now.  I especially need one with photos for easy
identification.  (When we were on the PCT, we ran into a small rodent  that I
haven't seen before - it looks kind of like a dark brown guinea pig,  but with a
short bare ratlike tail.)  Trying to google desert rats gets  me lots of
kangaroo and pack rats, but not much else.  At least, not in  the first few
pages.  There are a lot of scientific discussions but not  many websites with
photos.
Ginny

=

at-l  mailing  list