[at-l] alrightoe

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Tue Jun 30 17:49:09 CDT 2009

So, I had me some guests from 'out of town' this weekend. This was very
nice except that they were relentless in their ridicule of me for the
clutter in which I live...and, the state of disrepair I leave my
property in. So, after their departure I decided to organize a bit. It
was an organization borne of spite.  Or, was it spite-born?  Anyway...as
I was organizing my clutter I found a need to move a bag of potting
soil. So, I pick up this bag of potting soil. I was standing without
moving my feet much. I reached to the right and lifted the bag and then
leaned to my left to sit the bag on a pallet. My feet were pretty much
stationary...with roses. Anyway...as I leaned to my left I heard a pop
from my right foot. And, I felt a pop in my right foot. Initially, I
thought my right big toe was broken...as if it had exploded. It
hurt...BAD! So, I stumbled into the house, cussing all the way. I took
my sock and shoe off (not in that order) and looked at my foot. From the
base of my big toe over to the second toe, then about 1/3 of the way
across the top of my foot, was swollen and black/blue/purple/red. I
could move my toe...but, it hurt to do so. So, yesterday I sorta took it
easy and only worked about 4 hours and only did light stuff. Today,
however, I was involved in loading the gear for a rock-n-roll
show...which required some heavy lifting. About the third road case I
had to lift, I felt the same pop in the same spot...maybe not quite as
intense.  So...my question to you is this:  Does anybody have any idea
what the hell is going on??  Both times this has happened, my foot was
flat on the ground (more or less). So, it's not like I twisted it or
turned it funnily or some such.  Thoughts?

(Yes, I'm 46 years old)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98