[at-l] BMT Photos Posted

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 23:08:43 CST 2009

 I posted the photos with the captions:
http://snipurl.com/d1xjk  [www_pmags_com]

..and  this not related to the Benton MacKaye Trail per se, but it is part of
my trail experience. I am happy for my friends and make a good
surrogate uncle. Skip if you don't want to read anything non-trail
related.  8)

Anyway,
the day I finished the BMT, I shaved my beard (and head!), and drove up
the following day to Blacksburg to see two close friends. I held the
chuppah at their wedding, spent more off-trail miles with Nahum (along
with our friend Dave) than probably anyone else, etc. They were due to
have their first child while I was on the trail. Their daughter was
born the day BEFORE I finished! Long story short, they still wanted to
see me. So, I was able to see their daughter at 1.5 days old. For a
single guy like me..that is almost too scary.  :D

Here's the photo that will probably make Momma "I want grandchildren" Mags way too excited.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2477/215/82/563440020/n563440020_2613051_5581495.jpg

My
friends continue to have beautiful children. I continue to enjoy
playing the role of honorary uncle. Less expensive and more fun.  :P

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art