[at-l] In dreams we walk

Arthur Gaudet rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 5 08:23:43 CST 2009

I don't know why I was walking, it couldn't have been for many days but somehow
I was away from trail-friends this day. Around noon I came across some local
hikers who invited me to stay with them that night at a cabin, just off a dirt
road. I was delighted for the company and started thinking about what I could
help with: tell trail stories, cook something up, share my MP3 player, etc.

About suppertime a small commotion started outside the cabin, more hikers I
thought although this wasn't an AT cabin, so how did they know about it? A group
talking loudly pushed in the door, throwing daypacks on the floor and saying hi
to the group with me. Friends I guess, they know each other. A taller guy is
carrying a flat box and catches my eye when he's in the doorway. A hint of
recognition, then a stronger feeling - hey, I know this guy! Ox, from '97,
carrying a peach pie.

Then I wake up.

Is this happening to others about this time of year. What a great dream last
night! --RockDancer