[at-l] Uh... is this Mara?

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 07:15:27 CST 2009

Hi all,

Just got back to Ushuaia today after a fantastic trip to the
Falklands, South Georgia Island, and the Antarctic Peninsula.  Saw
lots of amazing wildlife, historical sites, and snow and ice.  For the
most part, the weather we had was phenomenal.  One of our expedition
staff members had a medical emergency (appendicitis) and had to be
evacuated  but the silver lining to that cloud had us visiting a
research station, an unusual occurence for these "tourist" ships.

My boat was not the one that went aground though that ship was with
the same company.  Lucky for us, we were a week behind so we weren't
even close.  The ship that was close had to take all the off-loaded
passengers and abort the rest of their trip to head back to Ushuaia.

I'll be trying to get my journal typed up and sent to my mailing list...

Mara
Stitches, AT99 and Antarctica 2009

P.S.  I can't believe it's only 11 days to the ten year anniversary of
the start of my AT thruhike.  Yikes!  -MF

Visit my Travels and Trails web site at: http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor