[at-l] Off Topic - Mountain Bike question

Steve Landis s.landis at comcast.net
Sat Mar 7 09:18:39 CST 2009

Mark Hudson wrote:
> Well, I have my REI dividend... plus the sale coupon that goes with
> it... and I'm looking at mountain bike shoes and pedals (can you believe
> I actually have all the camping/hiking equipment I need at this point???
> <lol!>). If anyone here is big into cycling and could give me some
> advice I'd more than welcome it!
>
> skeeter

Not big into it but I use Shimano pedals similar to the Shimano PD-M520
http://www.bayviewcycle.com/NewFiles/Acc_pages/Pedals.html
and a shoe that looks like this
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/shimano-mt21-spd-shoe-plus-m520-spd-pedal
that is also good for walking.  Bike is an older Cannondale F700.
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/images/large/f700_02.jpg

I'm sure there are more exotic choices but these were reasonable priced
and work for me.

Steve