[at-l] Fw: Importance of walking

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Mon Mar 9 16:25:03 CDT 2009

 Importance of Walking

 1/  Walking 20 minutes a day can add to your life.
 This enables you at 85 years old
 to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing
 home at $7000 per month.

 2/  My grandpa started walking
 five miles a day when he was 60..
 Now he's 97 years old...
 and we haven't a clue where the hell he is.

 3/  I like long walks,
 especially when they are taken
 by people who annoy me.

 4/  The only reason I would take up walking
 is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

 5/  I have to walk early in the morning,
 before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

 6/  I joined a health club last year,
 spent about 400 bucks.
 Haven't lost a pound.
 ....apparently you have to actually go there.

 7/  Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
 I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

 8/  I do have flabby thighs,
 but fortunately my stomach covers them.

 9/  The advantage of exercising every day
 is so when you die, they'll say,
 'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'

 10/ If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
 start with a small country.

 11/ I know I got a lot of exercise
 the last few years,......
 just getting over the hill was enough.

 12/ We all get heavier as we get older,
 because there's a lot more information in our skulls.
 That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 AND

 13/ Every time I start thinking too much
 about how I look,
 I just find a Happy Hour
 and by the time I leave,
 I look just fine.

 You could run this over to your friends
 But just e-mail it to them eh?

 Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to
 meet.
 http://windowslive.com/online/groups?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_groups_032009