[at-l] End of the World Ruck

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 22:42:54 CDT 2009

Was out hiking Valle de Andorro to Lago Cominante (sort of a loop
around Ushuaia, Argentina) a few days ago and met Tom and Heather who
had SOBOed the AT in 2001 (or was it 2002?)  I forget.  In any case,
with Wim, a Belgian I met in the hostel along, it soon took on a bit
of the feel of a Ruck.  Wim learned a lot more than he ever expected
about thruhiking and the rest of us compared notes on past hikes,
talked about future hiking and travel plans, shared food, etc.  Very
Ruck like.

They were able to share information about Torres del Paine which will
be very useful as I'm about to head into the park in a few days.  With
just six days to the anniversary of the start of my thruhike, with any
luck, I'll be somewhere in Torres del Paine staring at a glacier or
something.

I'll be back on line in a couple of days or maybe a couple of weeks...
 You never know around here.

Mara
Stitches, AT99 - ready for 16 hours on a bus tomorrow...  Ugh!

Visit my Travels and Trails web site at: http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor