[at-l] "Appalachian Pages" // ALDHA Companion

Hank & Renee Swicegood hankrenee at charter.net
Wed Mar 11 17:26:03 CDT 2009

The ALDHA companion remains the most accurate of the three guidebooks
available, with the thru-hiker's handbook in second place.  If I were
thru-hiking, I'd go with ALDHA's Companion.  As a section hiker, I find
the extra info in the thru-hiker's  handbook helpful.  The Appalachian
Pages does not have a lot of things that I  feel are necessary - like
directions to campsites and springs along the trail that are not
obvious.  Personally, I wouldn't use it for hiking the AT.

Frolicking She-Dino