[at-l] Wet shoes

EHamilton imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 22:11:24 CDT 2009

~Sigh~ but I hadn't thought about moldy-smelling shoes. I'd thought about sweat-smelling clothes. I just need time to digest the new smell issue. I know hikers don't smell good. I know they smell downright bad. I just hadn't thought about my shoes having a life of their own like an unfinished basement that's been flooded. Oh, well. Goes with the territory.

MacG

From: Bruce W. Calkins blackwolfe at charter.net

There will be wet days that drag on into wet weeks, and you will become accustomed to the hiker funk.  You will get up in the morning and put your dry clothes into your pack and put your smelly wet hiking clothes on, so that your dry camp clothes can stay “dry” for the next evening.

Black Wolfe
Bruce W.