[at-l] Ford, FedEx and the Fool

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Fri Mar 20 13:29:13 CDT 2009

(since there ain't much hike-talkin' goin' on)

This from the Motley Fools 5 Dumbest Stock Moves of the week...

*4. Fed up with FedEx*
I'm still scratching my head over yesterday's 5% gain in shares of
*FedEx* (NYSE: FDX
<http://caps.fool.com/Ticker/FDX.aspx?source=isssitthv0000001>), even
though the company badly missed Wall Street expectations
<http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/03/19/fedex-soars-but-will-its-wings-get-clipped.aspx>
and hosed down its near-term guidance.

The company claims market share gains? Duh. DHL's retreating means
everyone is likely gaining market share. The sorry quarterly report is
actually more troubling knowing that FedEx is fading even as it gains
market share.

The company feels that it may have hit bottom? I doubt it. If it did, it
wouldn't be lowering its fourth-quarter outlook.

(FedEx is down 3.50+ right now)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98