[at-l] Signs of Spring

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Sun Mar 22 07:22:48 CDT 2009

We've had some warm weather up here in NH but there is still a lot of
snow on the ground.  Skiing is great with loose granular conditions.
Mount Washington can be see in its magnificent coat of white about 50
miles to the north of Gunstock.  It will be another 3 weeks to a
month before we see any flowers blooming.  My forsythia bushes are
still buried in a couple of feet of snow.  But the roofs of most
buildings in the area a free of snow.  I imagine the hiking trails
around here have a lot of ice covering them.  I have not been out to
check them.

>The trees are still bare, but the maples are just beginning to bud
>out.  Spring is coming!  We went for a hike in Rosaryville State
>Park and saw our first wildflowers - spring beauty - peeking up
>through the leaves.  In the neighborhood, daffodils, forsythia and
>crocus started to bloom just before the last freeze.  I even saw one
>lone confused cherry tree that was in full bloom.  Not bad for a day
>that never saw 50 degrees.
>
>Ginny

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman