[at-l] Re Steri-Pen

Charles W. Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 08:13:31 CDT 2009

Hey Gang,
                One more update on the Steri-Pen. I received a letter
from Hydro-Photon INC and I will paste it below. They offered to send me
a new Journey Steri-Pen. When I explained that I had already returned
the old one to the retailer Nitro-Pak who refunded my money minus
shipping costs. All told I lost $53 counting the odd sized batteries I
purchased. Aaron offered to send me a refurbished unit free as a backup.
How cool is that. I think you can rely on their lifetime warranty
policy. Hopefully I will continue to have good luck with the Classic
Steri-Pen that I am using now. I think the retailer could have handled
things better. I am glad I made my second purchase at REI.
chase

<paste>
Hello Charles,
I am sorry for the delay in my response...computer crashed and it took
awhile for my received  e-mails to be recovered.
Your description of the Journey sounds like a water detect issue.
Probable not batteries. Just fro reference we do recommend that users
keep the PEN in an inner pocket while in colder climates. The PEN should
be warmed to above 32* before using it.

If you have an address you will be at soon, I can forward you a new
Journey unit to replace the Journey you have. This should resolve any
problems you are having.

Again, sorry for the delay in my response.
Best Regards,
Aaron Cox
Technical Support
Hydro-Photon, Inc.