[at-l] OT: Need road trip planning help

Linda Patton lpatton at fsu.edu
Sat May 2 00:38:31 CDT 2009

Ken Bennett wrote:
> 1. A small power inverter that makes 120 VAC from your cigarette
> lighter.One that costs about $25-40 is fine... it will charge your laptop.

I was going to do that in campground bathhouses, motels, while I eat
in restaurants, etc.  But where would I find one if I decided I need it.

> 2. Something to put over the picnic table

If it's raining, I plan to motel it.

> 3. A good hat with a wide brim, and lots of sunscreen.

Ah, yes!

> 4. If you are serious about the photography, take a small tripod.

Cheapest way to buy??

> 5. An electric coffeemaker.

My alcohol stove and coffee bags are OK with me.

> 6. We got an iPod adapter.  Must have music on long road trips.

This and the power inverter would eat into my already slim budget,
so I'll probably stick with CD's.

> 7....cases of bottled water; spare batteries...; a large plastic... box
> ...for ...fragile souvenirs; a tool kit, flares, ...big...flashlight in the car;
> ...fabric shopping bag for...going...to the bath house; a mesh laundry bag.

Check.  Check.  Ditto.  ...   Etc. ...

Great list...thanks!
~~ eArThworm

Visit my website at http://booksforhikers.com
"Better to be lost in the woods than in a maze of cubicles…"