[at-l] Where Clyde is about now

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Sun May 3 12:30:45 CDT 2009

I left him at Woody Gap this morning around 9:20 or 9:30 am. He planned to
hike northbound as far as he felt like hiking and then, he said, he'd set up
his tent and sleep. He has lunch, supper, and breakfast and lunch with him
and told me to leave his food bag for him at Walasi-Yi, which I did.

Also gave a lift to a college aged couple from U of Florida, trail names
"Snuggles" ("Are we going to snuggle tonight?" Andrea) and "Toenail" ("She
was chewing on my toenail" Chad) -- neither are originally from Florida and
I wondered how many kids get named "Chad" in Florida anyway . . . I left
their big back pack at Walasi-Yi because they planned to sleep there at the
hostel tonight.

Night of 30th we stayed at Stover Creek Shelter with a bunch of firemen from
Tampa.

The thunderstorm night of 1st of May at Hawk Mtn Shelter was awesome: it
shook the whole mountain, but the shelter stood.

I will post a link to some pics later . . .

dfa